Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are planning to play more UK shows in 2022, Plant revealed in a new BBC radio interview in which he promoted his new album with Krauss, “Raise The Roof.”
When the pair announced their 2022 world tour dates on November 19, only a single UK date was on the schedule: A previously announced show supporting The Eagles at BST Hyde Park in London on June 26.
But Plant told “The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show” on BBC Radio 2 on November 23 that further UK dates are on the cards when asked about them.
“Well, it’s very likely,” Plant said. “But, you know, all through this morning’s show I’ve heard how many things are secret, how many things can we not tell anybody. So the answer is yes but the detail is at the moment vague.”
Ball told Plant that she hopes he’ll play “on a farm” soon, a clear reference to Glastonbury Festival in the UK.
“Well, I do love agriculture,” Plant replied.
Glastonbury Festival is due to take place on June 22-26, exactly the time that Plant and Krauss will be in the UK for their Hyde Park show on June 26.
You can hear the full interview with Plant from 2:07:48 here.
Here are all the tour dates currently announced for the Plant and Krauss 2022 world tour:
- June 1 – Canandaigua, NY – CMAC
- June 3 – Saratoga Springs, NY – Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- June 4 – Forest Hills, NY – Forest Hills Stadium
- June 6 – Clarkston, MI – DTE Energy Music Theater
- June 7 – Chicago, IL – Pritzker Pavilion
- June 9 – Indianapolis, IN – TCU Amphitheater at White River State Park
- June 11 – Columbia, MD – Merriweather Post Pavilion
- June 12 – Philadelphia, PA – TD Pavilion @ The Mann
- June 14 – Cary, NC – Koka Booth Amphitheater
- June 16 – Atlanta, GA – Cadence Bank Amphitheater at Chastain Park
- June 26 – London, UK – BST Hyde Park
- July 1 – Hamar, Norway – Tjuvholmen
- July 2 – Bergen, Norway – Bergenhus Fortress
- July 5 – Rättvik, Sweden – Dalhalla
- July 14 – Lucca, Italy – Lucca Summer Festival – Piazza Napoleone
- July 16 – Stuttgart, Germany – JazzOpen Stuttgart 2022
- July 18 – Sopot, Poland – Lesna Opera
- July 20 – Berlin, Germany – Citadel
Robert is a genuine guy and I enjoyed his conversation with my friends and I at inpromtue gathering some years ago. I am impressed with Robert on many levels, very outgoing, easy to get on with and generous. His music reiterates this and reflects the beauty of music in all forms I am eager to add to my vast collection both LPs of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.